About us

A brief history of McKeighan Insurance Agency, Inc.

1960

Aron-Drex Insurance Agency, Inc. is formed with James W. McKeighan, Jr. as President, James Beirne as Vice President and Lester Elliott as Secretary.

1976

The agency moves to the second floor ( 1200 sq. ft.) having outgrown the original quarters.

1979

Robert S. McKeighan is hired.

1984

Lester Elliott is bought out and his stock retired.

1986

James W. McKeighan Jr. dies suddenly and Robert S. McKeighan is named President and Secretary.

1988

James J. Beirne is bought out & his stock retired.

1989

Agency moves to first floor ( 1500 sq. ft.)

1992

The agency opens a satellite office in Devon (Chester County) Pa.

1992

Agency name is changed from Aron-Drex Insurance Agency, Inc. to McKeighan Insurance Agency, Inc.

1994

Agency moves into its new headquarters in the Paoli Executive Green II, Suite 300, Paoli Pa. (1900 sq. ft.)

1995

Michael L. Klagholz hired as Vice President to expand the agency position in commercial lines.

2001

McKeighan Insurance Agency relocates to its present home at 11 St. Albans Avenue, Newtown Square, Pa.

2015

McKeighan Insurance Agency relocates to 3545 Rhoads Avenue, Newtown Square, Pa. 19073.

Get a Quote or call for a quote at 610-355-9400