• Wear a U.S. DOT-approved helmet. In Pennsylvania you must wear a helmet unless you are at least the age of 21 and have had a valid motorcycle license for not less than 2 calendar years.
• Enroll in a Motor Cycle Safety Course provided by the Motorcycle Safety Foundation.
• Make sure your motorcycle is current with state inspection and do a pre-ride inspection yourself.
• It is important to be seen so wear bright reflective clothing.
• Never drink and drive and always obey the speed limit.
• Be safe and know how to handle your motorcycle in all road conditions.
• Know your local weather forecast before you ride as bad weather can increase poor road conditions very quickly.
• Never assume that you are being seen by vehicles nearby.
• Make sure your motorcycle insurance is up to date.