1. Leave blinds open in their usual position.
2. Have mail and packages picked up, forwarded or held by the post office.
3. Lower the sound of your telephone ringer and answering machine so they can’t be heard outside.
4. Arrange to have your lawn mowed in summer and your walk and driveway shoveled in winter.
5. Stop newspaper deliveries.
6. Ask a friend to pick-up “throw-away” newspapers and circulars.
7. Use automatic timers to turn lights on and off in various parts of the house at appropriate times. Consider connecting a radio to a timer.
8. Tell police and dependable neighbors when you plan to be away and join with your neighbors to keep a close watch on what’s happening in your area-working closely with them is a good way to prevent crime.
Insurance Information Institute; www.iii.org
For more vacation tip information or if you have any questions concerning your current insurance coverages please feel free to call me at 610-355-9400 or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org